Saturday, June 2, 2012

Novel review: Percy Jackson & The Olympian series



Salam to all...

First time for me writing a review on English novel. previously i wrote about Malay novels. okies. lets kick off. have u watch a movie titled Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief? the movie was out in 2010 or 2011..i can't really remember. but after watching that movie my brother and I kinda addicted to Rick Riordan novels especially about the Greek, Roman and Egypt mythology. We (my brother and I) have a collection of Percy Jackson series, Kane Chronicle and we are anxiously waiting for the latest Rick Riordan book titled "The Mark of Athena". Percy Jackson and the Olympian final book is Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian. nevertheless Percy and Annabeth journey doesn't end there. 

for me this series are better than Harry Potter novels (which I also have the collection). why? because I know a lil bit bout Greek and Roman Gods but still i wanna know more. genre for this book is fantasy but sometimes I do feel like i'm being dragged into the fantasy.once i start reading this novel, i can't put it down until i finish reading it. 

there are so many gods mention in the series but its still interesting. i keep searching on Wikipedia for the role of the gods.Percy's life is in danger every time he's on his journey to kill Kronos and save the Olympian just ike Harry's journey to kill Voldemort and save Hogwarts.

after all i don't feel like i'm wasting my money on this kind of book. i totally enjoy reading it and it worth it. read this series if u like fantasy type of genre. 

okies.end of drooling.tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment